Customer / patient experience in several healthcare institute is under evaluated or not taken in account seriously enough today. From time to time I will come back to this topic, because I strongly believe that healthcare institute should speed up and start to focus more on customer experience.
On the long run they should become best – practice sources of CX in the same extent as for example hotels and entertainment business are today.
As a proof of my belief let me start this series with an example where it is clearly observable that how many things could be done to improve patient experience.
Cleveland Clinic is a perfect example to demonstrate that, so here is an incomplete list of the techniques, services, programs they use to improve experience :
- Office of patient experience
- Voice of the Patient Advisory Councils
- Ombudsman Office: Responding to Patient Concerns
- Online Patient Panel – 4,000 patients currently participate in the panel
- Superb website and online service that offer several possibilities from appointment request to 3D map.
- CX education and training for the staff – communicate with H.E.A.R.T program
- …and so on.
To deep dive and explore all the techniques Cleveland Clinic is using to boost experience, read their annual customer experience report.