They announced a £1bn commitment this year to improve the shopping trip for customers including c.£0.4bn of capital investment.
Six Key elements of Tesco customer experience improvement:
1. Service & Staff – more staff for existing stores, initially in fresh food departments
2. Stores & Formats – faster store Refresh programme; introducing warmer look and feel
3. Price & Value – better prices and promotions, more personalised offers
4. Range & Quality – better ranges, starting with re-launching the Tesco brands
5. Brand & Marketing – better, clearer, more relevant communication with customers
6. Clicks & Bricks – Click & Collect roll out, transforming range and online presence
Source: Tesco Plc.